John Sloop is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner and Investment Advisor Representative with Independent Advisor Alliance.
John has built a clientele that consists of individuals as well as small business owners. His practice manages $94 million in client assets as of February 2017. The firm's focus is on assisting clients in working towards their goals and dreams through a calculated planning process. As a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, John follows a 6 step planning process as endorsed by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards. During a consultation with John, a client should expect to undergo a process of:
- Establishing and defining the client-planner relationship
- Gathering client data, including goals
- Analyzing and evaluating the client's financial status
- Developing and presenting financial planning recommendations and/or alternatives
- Implementing the financial planning recommendations
- Monitoring the financial planning recommendations
Knowledge and experience play key roles in helping John’s clients more effectively work toward their financial goals.
A longtime resident of Rock Hill, SC, John is active in the community. He has appeared as a guest on Rock Hill’s CN2 Cable News Channel. John conducts financial planning seminars on a regular basis and is a frequent speaker for various groups such as York Technical College’s Investment Class, Bowater Women’s Club, Rock Hill Ladies Auxiliary, Rock Hill Owls Club, and Piedmont Medical Center. In 2007, he was selected by the board of ArrowPointe Federal Credit Union, formerly known as Bowater Carolina Federal Credit Union, to serve as the Financial Planning representative for its 10,000 plus membership in the York, Lancaster, and Chester Counties of South Carolina. John has also served as Chairman of The Board of Deacons and is a past choir member at the First Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church in Rock Hill, SC.
After graduating from The Citadel with a BS degree in Business Administration, John earned his MBA from Georgia College and State University while serving as an officer in the United States Air Force. In March 2003, John earned the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner designation.
- The Citadel—B.A. Charleston, SC
- Georgia College and State University—M.B.A. Milledgeville, GA
- General Securities Principal – Series 24 held with LPL Financial
- General Securities Representative – Series 7 held with LPL Financial
- Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination – Series 63 held with LPL Financial
- LPL Financial
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Practitioner (2003)
Boards & Organizations
- Member of Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Member of First Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church
- Rock Hill Breakfast Rotary
- Rock Hill Kiwanis Club
- Served on “Young Members” Board for Museum of York County
- Served as Deacon and Deacon Chairman at First Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church
- Residence: Rock Hill, SC
- Shellie (wife)
- Sydney (daughter)
- Manning (son)