John Black is a Chartered Financial Consultant®, Accredited Investment Fiduciary®, and Investment Advisor Representative with Independent Advisor Alliance.
John has built a clientele that consists of individuals as well as small business owners. With over 19 years of experience in the insurance and financial services industry, John’s focus is on assisting clients in working towards their goals and dreams through a calculated planning process. During a consultation with John, a client should expect to undergo a process of:
- Establishing and defining the client-planner relationship
- Gathering client data, including goals
- Analyzing and evaluating the client's financial status
- Developing and presenting financial planning recommendations and/or alternatives
- Implementing the financial planning recommendations
- Monitoring the financial planning recommendations
Knowledge and experience play key roles in helping John’s clients more effectively work toward their financial goals.
A native of Rock Hill, SC, John is grandson of the late John A. Black, a founder and first president of the former Rock Hill National Bank. John is a direct descendant of Alexander Templeton Black, known as the Founding Father of Rock Hill. Black donated and developed his plantation in 1851 into what is now downtown Rock Hill. With a strong family history, John is very active in the community and in his church. Having played baseball in college, John is an avid sports fan and outdoorsman.
After graduating from Winthrop University with a BS degree in Business Administration, John worked in the insurance industry for almost twelve years before concentrating on financial services in 2003. He earned his Chartered Financial ConsultantTM professional designation from The American College, Bryn Mawr, PA in 2006. John Black earned the AIF® Designation from the Center for Fiduciary Studies in 2015. The AIF Designation certifies he has specialized knowledge of fiduciary standards of care and their application to the investment management process.
- Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC
B.S. Business Administration / Finance
- LPL Financial
- Chartered Financial Consultant®
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary®
Boards & Organizations
- Rock Hill City Council member
- York County Sports Hall of Fame Committee member
- York County Sportsman Committee
- Past President and board member of the Winthrop University Eagle Club
- Class Agent and Alumni Council Winthrop University Annual Fund
- St. John’s United Methodist Church Stewardship committee
- Residence: Rock Hill, SC
- Laura (wife)
- Anna Lucy (daughter)
- Isabella (daughter)
- John, IV (son)
- Charlotte (daughter)